Varsity girls lacrosse takes on Flushing in a Metro League match up

Lukas Zywicki, Writer

Head coach Roger Ellis walks off the field as he visualizes his team holding the first place trophy of the Flint Metro League. The varsity girls lacrosse team remains undefeated in the Metro at 5-0. They beat the Flushing Raiders on May 8, 11-0.

“I think the game went very well,” Ellis said. “Although we scored 19 goals last time, we didn’t allow any goals this time compared to the two that we gave up the first time.”

When Fenton-Linden Heat played the Raiders the first time, they allowed two scores against 19 of their own. This time the Heat scored 11 goals on 46 shots. While Flushing took 6 shots and none of them scored.

“I was very impressed with the number of shots on goal that we had,” Ellis said. “But I would have liked to see more go in. Our defense still did a great job only allowing a couple of shots.”

Senior Ellie Reuschlein scored six goals with the assistance of her teammates. While the Heat’s goalie, sophomore Kyle Bliss, stopped all six shots taken by Flushing.

“I am glad that I was able to help my team stay undefeated in the metro,” Reuschlein said. “Scoring is what I feel best at and I am going to continue to show that throughout the season. I hope to score many more goals this season. At the same time I hope that my teammates score a lot. I think that it will work out well, and if our playing keeps up. I think we will win the metro.”

This win secured first place in the Metro with their undefeated record for the second year in a row. Their next match is on May 16 against the Knights of Walled Lake Northern.