Graduating seniors return to Tomek

Hudson Villeneuve, Sports Editor

Every year graduation is a time of goodbyes. The seniors have finished their thirteen year journey and it is time for them to head off in a new direction. For some, those goodbyes are followed with hellos. Hellos to the teachers of Tomek Eastern Elementary where they attended school nearly a decade ago.

Graduates of both, FHS and Tomek, met at the elementary media center to reminisce about the days when the students looked up to the teachers. Students laughed, teachers cried as memories flowed back into conscience.

“This absolutely brings back [nostalgic] feelings,” teacher Deb Skuergon said. “As a mother of four children myself, it amazes me how quickly life goes by. Watching students go from little kids to young adults is an amazing journey to observe and be apart of.”

For students, looking back after so much time can bring back fun memories. Seeing familiar faces sparked thoughts of good times.

“I remember Ms. Bess would always have these little incentives for me and my brother to get along,” graduate Breanna Jones said. “she would say if you stay good,then I will take you guys out for lunch. These teachers definitely had an impact on our lives ”

It was not just impactful moments that students remembered. The silly memories of their youth were pulled from the back of their brains.

“I remember when Brendon Mann, put tacks on someones chair,” graduate Mady Metzleburg said. “We thought it was the funniest thing ever, and Ms. Bess was not that happy about it. It was so evil.”

To some it may seem a simple gathering, but for others, the old yearbooks that were looked over, the hugs that were given, and the tears that were shed, showed it was the perfect end-cap to a long endeavor. For these students the real journey can now begin.