These students claim communication and compromise is the key to relationships

Ellie Bennett, Writer

Walking down the halls of the high school there are couples everywhere. Some have been together for months, while others have been together for years.
In the spirit of love and the upcoming holiday, couples look back at their favorite moments together and the lessons they have learned.

“I’ve learned how to communicate better, to be more open and flexible from dating in high school,” senior Danielle Rushton said. “Sam and I have been together for eight months. My favorite dates are when we go to the movies and dinner, the times where we can sit down and have fun together.”

Some couples have been together for longer. Seniors Peyton Coffman and Chloee Foor have been together for nearly two years, and they have experienced the best parts of a relationship.

“Chloee and I have been together for 23 months,” Coffman said. “When we go to the Fire Hall those are my favorite dates, I feel that they are simple but I can sit down and connect with her. The most important thing I have learned from this relationship is that you should keep it between the two of you. You don’t need to tell everyone everything about your business. It’s your relationship, not theirs.”

According to the couples, not only is it important to have time for your significant other but to make sure you are still hanging out with friends and playing sports.

“My favorite date was when we went to Splash Village for a day,” junior Rylie Becker said. “Dating in high school has taught me to be more mature because I’ve learned to balance a relationship as well as friends, school and sports. I always try to make time to hang out with my friends. My favorite part of our relationship is that no matter where we go or what we do, we are always having fun together. If I had to give advice to others it would be to compromise with one another.”

Through talking to one another, accommodation and flexibility, these couples maintain that dating in high school is worth it.