Boys soccer defeats Flushing at their home field, 3-0

Michael Pearce, Sports Editor

Both the varsity and JV soccer teams faced off against Flushing on Fenton soil on Oct. 3. The JV team came away victorious and the varsity team also ended up taking the win.

Sophomore Dalton Wagner and freshman RJ Stack both scored goals for the JV team, with Stack scoring the game winner. Wagner, a midfielder, scored his goal unassisted.

“I don’t have many opportunities to score unassisted in games,” Wagner said. “It felt good to score my first goal of the season. My teammates were really excited for me, I was really happy in that moment.”

While the JV team won by a one goal margin, the varsity team on their senior night held Flushing scoreless while scoring three goals in the process.

“Our defense has been playing very strong,” senior Bobby Temple said. “We are proud we beat Flushing. They had a couple of quick kids and they had a few buildups, but we shut them down quickly.”

To complement the defense lead by junior Noah Martin’s six saves, senior Liam Adams scored all three of the varsity team’s goals, posting his second hat trick in the last two games.

“I’m very confident going into this year when we have a guy like Liam,” senior Logan Moore said. “He’s a guy who is able to find ways to score especially when we need him the most.”