People of Fenton: Senior Skylar Parks

PHOTO McKenzie Lookebill

“Getting through these last few months of high school is hard. I will miss seeing my friends everyday and my SRT family. The majority of high school I will not miss. I think SRT is important because some kids work, play sports and participate in extracurriculars so they don’t have time to do everything. It is a time where students can get caught up and ask teachers for help, which I think is crucial for math and English especially where I think people struggle. SRT is also important because you are with the same group for four years you create a connection while you are there. It gives you a sense of belonging which I think is important. It is a basic level of belonging, where you fit in and people know you. I think I have utilized the time and in the past it has helped. Having a teacher that you can count on and talk to about anything without judgement is important, because they have gone through many of the same things that students have. They usually understand and try to help you figure out the issue to the best of their ability.”

McKenzie Lookebill, Arts & Entertainment