Senior portrait, proud parent ad deadlines approaching fast

Erin Kaye, Fentonian Staff

For the 2016 Fentonian, this year will be “Like No Other.” For the class of 2016 it will include their senior portraits. In addition, the yearbook staff will be including more of the Aurasma app in the book. It will still be featured through senior quotes that accompany the individual photos, sports and activity videos, as well as an option in Proud Parent Ads.

If seniors wish to submit a portrait not taken on school picture day, it must be turned in by Nov. 4. Seniors who do not send in a portrait by this date will have their photo that was taken on school picture in the yearbook instead. The portrait specifications sheet is available on the Fenton High School website under the parent/student tab.

“It’s important all seniors submit their portraits by Nov. 4,” Editor-In Chief Michael Fabatz said. “This is crucial because we have transitioned from a fall delivery book to a spring delivery book for the first time. In order to ensure all seniors receive their book before graduation, we have to be strict with our deadlines Any delays in submitting pages to our printing company will result in a later ship date.”

New this year, is the option for parents who purchase a Proud Parent Ad to have a short video or film clip featured with the ad. These will be accessible through the app Aurasma. Order forms for theses are available online under the parent/student tab on the Fenton High School website.

“Although the students and parents were introduced to Aurasma last year, this year we will be incorporating it more,” Editor-In-Chief Hannah Swain said. “We are going to increase the number of Aurasma videos used in the book, so we’ve included a Video Crew on our staff. Part of the greater use of Aurasma videos will be in the Proud Parent Ads. Our staff members, as well as outside help, have incorporated a new twist on the Aurasma videos that will capture our time spent in high school through a lens like no other.”