Next steps for administrator Stefanie Roberts after completing military service

Libby Pattan, Writer

After spending eight months completing her military services in Jordan, Stefanie Roberts has returned to Fenton Schools. The former Assistant Principal at Andrew G. Schmidt (AGS) Middle School is now taking on the role as the principal at North Road Elementary. 

“I was stationed at Camp Xiphos in Jordan, for eight months,” Principle Stefanie Roberts said. “I have very much enjoyed my military experience. If I hadn’t wanted to become a teacher, I may have joined active duty right after graduating high school.”

Roberts has invested many years in the military, spending over two decades in total serving her country.

“I have had many great experiences while serving in the military,” Roberts said. “However I am excited to get back onto the school board, and I am ready to move onto the next chapter of my life.”

Roberts is ready to switch from serving her country through her military services, to helping educate the future of America through the school system.

“I am very excited to take on this new position because I love working with elementary-aged children,” Roberts said. “ Although I am very excited, I will miss many things back at AGS. I will miss the staff the most. We shared many fun memories.”

After eight months, Stefanie Roberts officially started her new role as principal on her first day back— Dec. 5.

“The first day was outstanding. I was welcomed by all the students and staff,” Roberts said. “I have finished the first two weeks now and it has all been amazing. The students are so kind, and the North Road staff is incredible.”

The first day for Roberts went smoothly and she enjoyed reconnecting with the students.

“I was surprised at how well the students recognized me,” Roberts said. “I haven’t seen them all in a long while, and they were all incredibly welcoming.”

Roberts plans to stay at North Road Elementary and take a break from serving her country. She is excited to see what the future will bring for her and the Fenton Community welcomed her back with open arms.