Ambassadors ‘Back By Popular Demand’ show returns

Jacob Angelovski

With+microphones+held+high+and+eyes+aimed+towards+the+crowd+the+Ambassadors+perform+at+their+annual+Sneak+Preview.++back+By+Popular+demand+will+be+Feb.+24+and+25+at+7%3A30+p.m.%2C+tickets+will+be+sold+at+the+door+for+%248.+

With microphones held high and eyes aimed towards the crowd the Ambassadors perform at their annual ‘Sneak Preview. ‘ back By Popular demand’ will be Feb. 24 and 25 at 7:30 p.m., tickets will be sold at the door for $8.

Audrey Strickhouser, Writer

Before stepping on stage, a feeling of excitement and nervousness shoots through the Ambassadors. For freshmen Jenna Maher, this is a new feeling that she is excited to experience at the upcoming Back by Popular Demand show. In order to be able to put on the show, the Ambassadors have to rehearse.

“We usually rehearse during class time and every monday night,” Maher said. “When it comes closer to the concerts, extra rehearsals are scheduled to guarantee that we will be 100 percent prepared. We sing our songs over and over again. We are always working very hard whether we are singing as a whole, singing as a section or individually perfecting our part. Also, our choreographer came up with some dances to go along with our songs, and we have been practicing them rigorously.”

With as much as the Ambassadors have been preparing they feel that it would be a great investment for students, parents and community members to come and watch the show. The Ambassadors have also been working on new dance moves and cannot wait to show them off to the community.

“We have begun a new type of dancing called stomping,” junior Kelly Canning said. “Stomping is when we use our feet to make rhythms to the song. Our director Brad Wright describes it as creating percussion with our hands and feet. The stomping ties together with an acapella song; the audience will hear our voices and the beats that we are making ourselves. It’s going to be really interesting to see how all of the choreography comes together.”

With the new choreography and singing, sophomore Jake Hupert feels that the his peers will enjoy the show and recognize a few familiar songs to sing along with.

“One song that I think everyone will be familiar with is ‘Life is a Highway’ by Rascall Flatts,” Humpert said. “There are other songs that people will be familiar with but they will have to come to the show to hear them.”

The show is Feb. 24 and 25 both at 7:30 p.m.. Tickets will be available for $8 at the door.