Advancements in technology help students in with school work while offering minimal distractions

Today, with students living in a world that revolves around touch-screens, high definition televisions, iPhones and iPads, it’s hard to imagine what it was like yesterday, trying to survive without the internet at their fingertips.

Although advancements technology have made everyday life so much easier, it also comes with some negative side effects.

After school students go home and spend hours staring at the tv or the computer screen, causing many to develop bad headaches and trouble focusing on school work. However, the positives may outweigh the negatives.

“My phone distracts me so much when I’m doing homework, “ sophomore Carisa Shultz said. “Sometimes I end up playing flappy bird or going on twitter.”

Internet technology has improved our lives in many ways. It has created many resources such as Bing, Google and Yahoo, where anyone is only one click away from billions of gigabytes worth of information.

“Internet Technology has a great impact on the way  I learn,” sophomore Emma Bellini said. “Even though we get information from textbooks at school, the internet has so much more.”

However, internet technology is not just for information. It also can be used to complete tasks like filling out job applications and to create nicely formatted papers.

“Internet technology just makes it so much easier for me write and research at the same time, “ sophomore Jessie Eastman said “The MLA format that we use at school for our essays helps me so much. The more we use it, the more it starts to become a second nature for me when I’m writing essays.”

Our technology today is only stepping stones for whats to come.