FHS dance team performs at Detroit Piston’s game

Ella Drake, Writer

On Nov. 27, the Fenton High dance team performed at the Little Caesars Arena in Midtown Detroit at the Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Detroit Piston’s game. Their performance took place before the game started.  

“I was excited, but also super nervous,” sophomore Paige Lefever said, “but I talked to my friends on the team to calm down.”

Although the dancers had pre-performance jitters, they were grateful to have such a unique offer. They had seats close to the basketball court and their families were welcome to join. 

Training is an essential part of the success of the team. The FHS Adrenaline Dance Team practices every Friday from 2:40 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

“We had a lot of practices so the team felt confident,” Lefever said, “we also had pep talks with our coach.”

They practiced the routine they had performed at the FHS homecoming pep rally, so they did not have to learn an entirely new dance for the Piston’s game.

Since this was the first time the FHS Dance Team was given an opportunity to perform at Little Caesars Arena, the dancers were able to make history. 

“I would love to make this a tradition,” Lefever said, “I had so much fun.”

Such an opportunity could open many doors for the dancers. The team’s next performance will take place during halftime of both the girls and boys basketball games as they take on Swartz Creek on Dec. 16.