Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

New Hotel/Parking Garage in Downtown Fenton

Fenton continues to look for ways to make the small town a better place by expanding and remodeling. Although not fully approved yet, the City of Fenton is looking to add a new boutique-style hotel downtown on the corner of East Caroline Street and South River Street. Along with the new hotel, the lot will have a parking garage including 60 parking spaces per level. 

“I feel adding this development in Fenton would help in a number of ways,” Assistant City Manager and DDA Director Michael Hart said. “The overall development would significantly increase parking capacity within that area.” 

Many city members have been complaining recently about the lack of parking spaces considering the amount of events Fenton puts on for the community so often. According to Tri County Times in 2014, the lot was prepared to make parking spaces at a future date. 

“Tentatively the development would be built on the back end of 2024 into 2025,” Hart said. “There are a lot of hurdles to overcome but it is something that could be worked on.” 

The new hotel/parking garage can help in many ways. With the hotel being a close distance to the community center, it allows more opportunities for more use of both the community center and all of downtown Fenton. 

“The other part of the development is that it would be joined with a boutique hotel that would provide a very high level of lodging availability within the downtown,” Hart said. “I also think it really helps strengthen the community center because it’s in proximity, you could have conventions, conferences and other meetings.” 

This new development is not completely set in stone yet but Fenton community members are pushing hard for this new hotel/parking garage to be a part of the small town. For more information and updates regarding the building of the project go to https://www.tctimes.com/.