The student news site of Fenton High School

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

New entertainment venue to open downtown Fenton

PHOTO Jensen O’Brien

With final site plans and land use approved in April, Fenton will welcome a new entertainment venue this December, The RailYard. The venue is slated to replace Red Fox Outfitters. 

The RailYard will be unique to the other restaurants in Fenton because it will include axe throwing, a pool table, billiards, dueling pianos, TVs, shuffleboard, an arcade room and live music. The RailYard will also allow other restaurants and businesses to rent out spaces and sell their own food. It is intended to have a fun and energetic atmosphere that will be enjoyable for all age groups.

Owners Justin Knight, Dean Dingman and Josh Ingersoll said they got their inspiration for the restaurant from other restaurants around the country and in nearby areas like Traverse City.

They also plan to keep the iconic red building but to add on to it, which will include an outdoor area for corn hole and other festivities. Their plan is to open in time for Christmas but to have the building finished by April 2024. 

The restaurant is named The RailYard because it is located in the rail district. Because of the building’s location and the restaurant’s name, there will be two shipping containers used for food booths and a third shipping container will be used for display on top of the building. 

The only concern people have expressed is the parking. Parking in Fenton is difficult as is but with the addition of the new floor plan they intend to add, it will make it more challenging. The three said that they will try to keep it easy to walk to the new restaurant to hopefully avoid this problem. 

Outside of parking concerns, the people of Fenton seem excited for the new venue and to get the historic building back in shape. The RailYard will help Fenton’s economy and will give entrepreneurs who can’t afford to buy a building an opportunity to try out the food business. 

For more information, visit railyardfenton.com.