Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Movie Review: Bob Marley: One Love

Content warning/Editors note: this review will feature spoilers for “Bob Marley: One Love”

“Bob Marley: One Love” follows the story of famous singer Bob Marley throughout his journey to fame. The cast stars Kingsley Ben-Adir as Bob Marley, Lashana Lynch as Rita Marley and James Norton as Chris Blackwell. 

The movie starts off by giving background on Bob Marley and where he came from. It displayed what his life was like while living in his hometown in Jamaica and the war that took place during his rise to fame. 

I am a big fan of Bob Marley and his music, and seeing it all on the screen was very entertaining to me. Right from the beginning of the movie to the very end, his famous songs carried the soundtrack which made me love the way it was incorporated. 

The movie was set during the 70s and I loved how the colors and wardrobe were set up to stay true to Jamaican culture. During the film, Bob and his band had to travel to London to escape from the war. Even though they were in a different country, their style revealed who they really were and helped to give a message out to the Londoners. Not only did the style of clothing present the message Bob was trying to bring, but the lines in the movie also made a significant impact.

I loved the way the movie stayed true to Bob Marley’s life. It displayed his messages of peace and love clearly throughout the film, and the actors gave a spectacular performance. This movie made me cry, laugh and had me sing along to every song that played. 

Overall, the movie creates a truly captivating story following Bob Marley and his band as they come together to serve a purpose and message through their music.

View Comments (2)