Girls track win against Swartz Creek and Clio

Cameron Mathews, Writer

With many girls placing in the individual events, the girls track team had won overall against the two visiting team, Swartz Creek and Clio on May 6.

“I feel that we did a very nice job against both teams,” varsity coach Todd Mills said. “We had some first places in a few events and some major improvements in others.”

Some of the first place winners included sophomore Maddie Hall in the long jump and the 4×400 relay team of juniors Emily Kinser and Emily Battaglia, and sophomores Zeinab Torabi and Hall.

“I was also a part of the pole vault, the open 400, and the 4×200 relay which had also won first,” Torabi said. “Being a part of that relay is such a rush since it is the last event of the entire meet and everyone is cheering for the team.”

Torabi was one of the girls that had also made improvements at the meet.

“Even though I feel like I did a good job, there is always still room for improvement,” Torabi said. “This makes me confident for the next meet.”

The overall scores were 98-39 against Clio, and 92-45 against Swartz Creek.

“Our next meet will be against Flushing and Brandon and is anticipated to be our toughest meet,” Mills said. “But I feel confident in our team and we our going to try very hard to keep the scores for each event very close.”

The next meet will be held at Flushing, with Brandon also being there, on Tuesday May 12, 2015.