New music for the new winter season

Olivia Diesch, Writer

vamps
Source: youngentertainmentmag.com

“Wake Up”

by The Vamps

Release Date: November 27

“I like their beachy vibe and fun lyrics” freshman Sydney Cuneaz said. “They all have great voices that go well together, and I’m really pumped for their album to come out, it’s been awhile since they released any music.”

With a majority of the songs from the album being written by the band themselves, you can be expecting a lot of creative and fun lyrics from the british group. The Vamps have a fun, beachy sound, as heard on their recent single “Wake Up”. These guys are all about creating fun music that you can dance to.

az_58839_25_Adele
Source: news.softpedia.com

“25”

by Adele

Release Date: November 20

“I really like her powerful and soulful voice” french teacher Kelly Boike said. “Everyone can relate to her lyrics at some point in their lives, and I really like that her lyrics are relatable to everyday life instead of innuendos. I’m really excited for her new album, because it’s been awhile since she has released anything.”

Unlike Adele’s prior albums, “25” will not be filled with songs about heartbreak. Her hit songs like “Rolling In The Deep” and “Someone Like You” are about a harsh breakup, but she is now focusing on songs about her life and family.

geasy
Source: exclaim.ca

“When It’s Dark Out”

by G-Eazy

Release Date: December 4

“All of his older songs were about growing up poor and making something of yourself with the materials that you have,” junior Tristan Deniau said. “I just thought it was a cool message he was trying to convey to the audience, considering that not all of his music was about disrespecting women, like other rappers often do.”

G-Eazy has a different sound than your typical “rapper.” Eazy’s soft and rhythmic tunes are about real struggles that he has faced in his life, so his music is very personal and important to him.

troye-sivan-blue-neighborhood
Source: superfame.com

“Blue Neighborhood”

by Troye Sivan

Release Date: December 4

“I’m a big fan of Troye,” freshman Autumn O’Connor said. “He has a really unique voice and his lyrics are about real life things. This is his first full album, and I’m really excited to hear the new sound he is developing. I’m expecting this album to be really good.”

Troye’s upcoming album consists of fun and light pop tunes that are easy to listen to. All of Troye’s songs are written about real and personal problems everyone can relate to in some way or another. Now 20, Sivan has been openly gay for the past five years and writes his songs about “Romeo-Romeo” relationships.