UM-Flint offers entrepreneurship camp to high school students

Myla Wolosonowich, Writer

The University of Michigan-Flint is giving students the opportunity to experience what it takes to be an entrepreneur. UM-Flint is hosting a three day Summer Entrepreneurship Institute for students who are interested in owning their own business. There will be a cost of $150, and it will be happening July 12-14. The camp is limited to 25 high school students who are going into their junior, or senior year this fall.

During camp, students will hear from a guest speaker who is a professional in the field as well as attend field trips to businesses while completing project presentations along with other creative activities.

Although there will be many different opportunities for students, and those who attend will have many expectations placed upon them while attending. Students must be able to recognize what is required to become a highly successful entrepreneur, have the ability to brainstorm new business ideas for themselves and how to evaluate them.

The purpose of this entrepreneur camps is to teach the attendees if entrepreneurship is the direction and field they want to pursue later in life by showing them the process and steps to being an entrepreneur.

Students interested should visit the counseling office to pick up an application. The due date for the applications is April 29.