After a month of waiting, students can finally experience the Sadies Dance fun

The giant mounds of snow Fenton has accumulated this winter have affected more than just the weekday schedule of FHS students and staff. Fun weekend activities like the Sadies Hawkins Blacklight Dance, originally planned for Feb. 1, has been moved to the future, less snowy date of Saturday, March 8.

No worries for students who bought tickets for the February dance and can no longer attend, no one will be robbed of their $10. Refunds are available to all students through Student Council Head and teacher Mrs. Starr in room 10-114, however, tickets must be presented for proof of purchase.

“I can’t go to the dance now that it’s been rescheduled,” senior and Student Council Secretary Megan Battaglia said. “I have a dance competition that Saturday and my date will be at a swim meet. I’m a little sad that I won’t be able to go for my senior year because the blacklight dance is always really fun.”

Along with providing refunds, Student Council will also continue selling Sadies tickets during lunch until Friday, March 7 to those who did not already buy one.

“Student Council has actually sold more tickets for the rescheduled  March 8 date,” Battagila said. “This is great because the money is going to our ‘Join the Fight’ cause just like it did for Homecoming.”

FHS students should not miss this years  Sadies, a dance of pure luminosity which will be dancing it’s way towards Fenton High on this Saturday, March 8.