The student news site of Fenton High School

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Teacher Appreciation Week

PHOTO Jensen O’Brien

Happy Teacher Appreciation Week! Teacher Appreciation Week is important because teachers work hard and deserve recognition for all they do. To honor some of the teachers at FHS, here are some quotes from students to their favorite teachers.

Juniors Remy Sharp, Lydia Clemons and Bella Buto said that Literature and Composition teacher Brett Mead was their favorite teacher because he “pushed” them to be better, he taught them a lot, and “saved” them.

Another teacher a lot of students liked was Band Director Patrick Conaton. Sophomore Abby Golen said, “He has a really open environment for his students. He makes you feel like you are loved, he makes band class like another home.” 

Sophomore Michaela Wolbert agreed that Conaton’s class felt like a second home and added, “[He] is always there for you whenever you need him.” Another Sophomore Phia Freeby also said Conaton, “is the most kind and caring teacher” she’s ever had.

Another teacher mentioned was Literature and Composition teacher Sarah Andersen. Sophomore Leila Sams said Andersen was her favorite teacher because “she always listens and she’s very understanding.”

Not many teachers go out of their way to get you out of your comfort zone but one that does is Theatre Director Lori Thompson. Junior Iris Bravander stated, “Mrs. Thompson because she’s awesome and she pulls you out of your comfort zone until you’re loud and tiger proud like myself and it’s so sad she’s leaving.”

Not only are teachers celebrated but also future teachers. Sophomore Lily Underwood mentioned her favorite student teacher, “My favorite teacher is [student teacher] Mrs. Daily because she is always trying to help out her students and make learning easier.” 

One last teacher that was mentioned was Literature and Composition teacher Megan Ake. Sophomore Ash Holmes had several positive things to say about Ake and his interaction with her, “I’ve had some of the most amazing discussions with Mrs. Ake, discussions in which my thoughts and opinions are considered and appreciated. Mrs. Ake is truly lovely and one of the most mindful, down-to-earth people I’ve ever met. Not to mention she is incredibly compassionate with all of her students.” 

This Teacher Appreciation Week, let your teachers know just how much you value their dedication to the classroom and their students. Without teachers, we couldn’t find our passions in life, learn, or get where we need to be for the future. It’s important to acknowledge your teachers’ efforts not just this week, but everyday.