Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Mental Health Matters: back to the basics

PHOTO Ariana Papcun

Cures, treatments and activities on how to help mental health are everywhere, but it is important to know why and how mental health affects us, and how we can create a positive mindset.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the term “mental health” includes the emotional, psychological and social well being that affects and influences the way people speak, think, feel and act. Mental health is very important from any age, as it determines how people handle stress and make certain choices. 

It is crucial to understand that our mental health is a large factor in life, and that we should keep working towards a positive well-being for the future. When we have good mental health, it allows us to be more resilient when dealing with difficult times. 

Not only can your mental health affect your mindset, but it can also affect your physical well being. According to the Mental Health Management Group, neglecting the ability to maintain mental health results in risk factors, like anxiety, depression, stress and other conditions that can be fatal. Doing regular exercise, getting enough sleep and eating a balanced diet are some of the physical factors that are important to uplift our mood and bring up our mental health. 

Even though mental health can be intimidating at first, it is necessary to get the help needed. Reaching out for help to loved ones, or someone with authority is a great way to get the assistance desired.