Sophomore Lydia Anderson attends the royal wedding

Taron Masi, Online Editor

In May of 2018 the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle took place. Sophomore Lydia Anderson was one of nearly 100,000 people who attended this occasion.

“It was an extremely rare experience,” Anderson said. “My family has been obsessed with the royal family for forever. When my mom heard the news that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were engaged to be married, she bought plane tickets to London and surprised our family with them for Christmas.”

This royal wedding was unique because the bride is a former American actress.

“We were all waiting outside the gates, watching them come out on carriages and ride around waving at all of us. I think the fact that Prince Harry married Meghan Markle is awesome because she’s American and that makes it non- traditional.”

An estimated 1.9 billion people tuned in to watch the wedding and around 100,000 people gathered as spectators to watch the couple drive the two miles along Castle Hill and into the Windsor Town Center.

“I was beyond excited,” Anderson said. “I had never been to London before. To see the streets crowded with people just to see the couple was really an experience. Everyone’s energy was enthusiastic.”

Anderson, now back from England, is waiting in anticipation now that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are expecting their first child in the spring of 2019.