Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Mental Health Matters: Focusing on Self Care

PHOTO Ariana Papcun

Self care is a very important aspect of our lives. It is all about caring for yourself to assure a personal healthy lifestyle. We can care for ourselves through practicing engagement in strategies that benefit our physical, emotional and spiritual needs. 

According to verywellmind.com, the stress-relief activities we can practice will not benefit us unless we take care of ourselves properly. There are many forms of self care that anyone can practice; it could be something as simple as getting enough sleep, drinking a lot of water or eating nutritious and healthy foods.

Self care is vital for our well being and health. We can take simple steps every day that lead us closer to the best version of ourselves. According to everydayhealth.com, self care is anything that we can do for ourselves that feels nourishing. It is important to nourish ourselves even when we don’t feel we need to. 

Caring for ourselves can help in the future by making ourselves more confident in our own skin and even making life more comfortable and enjoyable. 

People believe that self care is only to help our physical needs and not our emotional needs. According to Autumnallalong.com, types of self care that people often look over that will benefit our emotional self include being kind to yourself, doing things that we have been putting off, cleaning, rotating the type of self care per season, developing new, healthy habits and making social media quieter. 

Self care is something that should be remembered throughout the day to fuel our well being in a positive way. It is important to take care of yourself and give yourself the greatest amount of love.