Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

From the Bleachers: Football Standings Update

PHOTO Adrianna Ayre

This year Fenton has finished at the top of the standings. Many people would agree that a 8-3 record is hard to beat. Fenton has consistently played well and comes into the playoffs 6-3 on Oct. 27 against Dewitt. Fenton also has finished 3-0 at home this year which has gotten many Fenton fans excited about the playoffs.

“Fenton needs to not come out scared and have a good mindset coming into their games,” freshman Blake Durant said. “They need to work as a team and not get mad at each other. If they do those things I think they have a chance in winning the game this week against Dewitt. But if they mess up or make any silly mistakes they won’t be ready at all.” 

It might not be as easy as many people expect. This year Fenton has gotten blown out twice with both losses coming by 20 or more points. Fenton has been able to beat rivals Holly and Linden consistently and also had good wins by over 20 points against Flushing, Kearsley, Holly and Swartz Creek. The real question though is how Fenton will be able to bounce back after losing by 50 to the league champion Corruna. 

“Our team is battle tested,” Coach Jeff Setzke said. “Playoffs are always difficult, but six out of nine opponents we have played have made the playoffs. The regular season has prepared us to play in the postseason. We are managing through some injuries as all teams have to do at this time of year.” 

It’s not going to get any easier after Fenton lost last week to Mason 49-20 and comes into this week’s game with a two game losing streak. Fenton will go to Dewitt this week to play in the playoffs. The Panthers are 6-2 and have some impressive wins this season so it could end up being a fun and exciting game to watch.  

“They will have to bring there A+ game,” English teacher Lou Santo said, “because once again Dewitt brings a storied history of playoff prowess into the tilt. Defeating Dewitt can be done, but it will take Fenton’s best performance of the year.” 

Fenton is going to the playoffs, but people are still wondering if the Tigers can pull off big wins against teams like Corruna and Mason. They will get another chance to do just that this week in the playoffs at Dewitt this Friday at 7:00 p.m.