Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Opinion: Exams should be before winter break

PHOTO Ariana Papcun

Exams are a stressful time for students, requiring a need for studying while also maintaining a positive attitude. Winter break is meant to be a refresh and a time to spend with loved ones. Having exams after break decreases this and creates a mindset of studying and worrying about exams.

According to portolapilot.com, exams before break bring many benefits: the content learned is fresh in students’ minds, making them feel more confident about their performance and they would be more likely to recall the information that was just learned. 

Students would feel less stressed about exams before break since they would have the break to refresh their minds and have more quality time with family and friends. 

According to chicagotribune.com, many students enjoy catching up with family and friends while on break and have little motivation and time to study for exams.

Before break, students have time to ask teachers questions and can receive help without the struggle of emailing and worrying about not getting a response back. With little time after break, it is easier for students and more helpful to have the exams before break.

Having the midterms before break will boost students’ grades and help their mindset recharge during the weeks off.