Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Opinion: Prom is more fun with friends

As the prom season approaches, the promposals, flowers, chocolates and the questions of “who am I going with?” start to unravel in the few weeks leading up to the big dance. Even though the stereotype is to go to prom with a date, there are many benefits of going to prom with friends.

1. More people to have fun with

Prom is better when there are more people involved. When going with a date, it is only limited to one other person, and sometimes it can be awkward if you don’t know them very well. There is more room to have fun when being with friends that you have known and can easily get along with.

1. No pressure

According to Echolimousine.com, prom already costs a lot. With the ticket, dressing up and accessories being expensive, making sure someone else is paid for and having fun can be unnecessary stress. Going with friends will ease the anxiety of worrying about another person being content and also is beneficial for having less awkward moments. 

1. Better dancing

Though slow dancing can be a relaxing time, dancing is always better when with a group of people you can be yourself with. Being with friends is a great way to have fun and not care what one other person thinks or how you can impress them. 

1. More pictures to take

Taking pictures with friends is better than taking pictures with a date. It is easier to have more people in the picture and more people you may know compared to others that you may not know but your date knows. 

Being with friends is a beneficial and better way to spend prom. It’s important to not feel obligated to have just one person to go with because the prom stereotype says so. This season is one to spend with the friends that make us feel like we can be ourselves and have genuine fun.