The student news site of Fenton High School

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

The Fall Guy movie review

Content warning/Editors note: this review will feature spoilers for “The Fall Guy.”

“The Fall Guy” is a remake of the 80s TV show by the same name, which follows a stuntman and his hardships he faces while being on the job. The cast stars Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt, Hannah Waddingham and Aaron Taylor Johnson. 

The movie begins with the stuntman, Colt Seavers (Ryan Gosling), being introduced on set as the double to star actor Tom Ryder (Aaron Taylor Johnson). While performing a highly dangerous stunt, Seavers gets severely injured and puts his career and relationships in jeopardy. This results in him leaving the business and starting a temporary job. 

The beginning of the movie held onto a romantic comedy theme, with Seavers and his girlfriend (Emily Blunt) constantly being interrupted from their alone time by the producer. This plays apart in the reality of a movie set with not really any privacy and the constant interruptions. I enjoyed the slight romance bud at the beginning, but I thought the beginning to be a bit slow at first. 

A year after leaving, Seavers is back on the job for becoming a stuntman, however it is only to help find Ryder, who has gone missing. On the search, Seavers gets tangled up in a series of dark events that are even bigger than the on screen stunts. 

Throughout the movie, I liked the amount of action that was present. The movie really pulled together the idea of the stunts coming alive without the special effects that are present today in many movies. 

Towards the end of the movie, Seavers risked his life to get a confession out of Ryder and ultimately finds out the producer was behind all the twists and turns Seavers had to go through. The movie finishes with him and his girlfriend getting the life they wanted and safely away from the craziness of the journey with Ryder.

I enjoyed the ending of the movie, with the romance budding once again, and the final action that wrapped up the film.