Plan ahead for next year, apply or audition for classes

Kaylee Vasbinder, Features Editor

Starting this month, limited spots for these classes will be open for audition, application or interview to be approved by the teacher of each course.

“The reason IB Theatre requires an audition is the higher level of work expected,” director Lori Thompson said. “Students take on college level productions and are introduced to a rigorous work pace. Not only are actors having to reach beyond their own personal experiences, they are also required to put in a lot of rehearsal and technical hours.”

Classes that require auditions include Jazz Orchestra, Wind Ensemble, Swing Choir, Varsity Vocals and Women’s Chorus (Bella Voce). Audition sign ups start in Feb. 8 in the main office. Instead of an audition, some classes require an interview or an application.

“I wanted to do Senior Project because I heard seniors in my SRT talking about it last year and I thought it was a good opportunity to make money and get to leave early,” senior Breanna Carney said. “I applied by getting an application from Mrs. Rish. I learned it’s easier to get a job when you have the flexible hours and I would definitely recommend senior project to anyone who wants to ‘try out’a specific field that they may not be sure about.”

Other application classes include Mentor Training, Advanced Desktop, Media Services, yearbook, newspaper, VEI, Advanced Video, Music Tech, all IB, AP, and honors classes.