Special April update on the Board of Education

Taron Masi, Online Editor

As of now, COVID-19 is changing the way society is able to navigate through daily life. Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced an executive order to close all schools Monday, March 16, 2020 until Sunday, April 13, 2020 in order to slow the spread of Coronavirus. Fenton Area Public (FAPS) schools have put out a wide range of resources for any of those in the district needing assistance during this time away from school. 

FAPS has created a special webpage on all things COVID-19 that could possibly affect those in the community. It includes frequent updates on the school district as new information is made available. 

As of now, FAPS has been providing a food service for those in the community who need this assistance. These services can be found at the Ellen Street Campus, North Road Elementary, Tomek-Eastern Elementary and State Road Elementary. These meal packs include both breakfast and lunch meal items. 

On Mar. 24 the district shut its buildings down, following direct orders from Governor Whitmer’s Executive Order. FAPS has been the statement that teachers will continue to educate their students via Google Classroom until Mar. 27, when spring break officially begins. More information on how the district will be moving forward after spring break ends will be made available during the week of Apr. 6.