2023 Prom Information

Emersyn Sprague, Writer

The Fenton High School prom will be taking place on Saturday, May 6 on the Detroit Princess Riverboat. FHS will provide transportation from the high school to the boat and back. The Detroit Princess Riverboat will include dinner, drinks, a photo booth and dancing.

Students will need to arrive at FHS at 4 p.m. for important announcements and bus loading in the main gym. After announcements, students will walk the red carpet outside, where their names will be announced to the crowd. Parents are welcome to stand to the side and take pictures and videos. 

The buses will begin leaving FHS at 4:30 p.m. with the final bus leaving at 4:45 p.m. Buses will not be assigned; however, students are required to ride the same bus home as they rode to Detroit. Students will not be allowed to drive separately to the Detroit Princess Riverboat. Students will receive  a ticket as they exit the bus allowing them access to  the boat.

Dinner will be served in a buffet style on one of the four decks the boat has. The following items will be served: tender beef tips in gravy, baked chicken and marinated portabella mushrooms with mashed potatoes, cheese tortellini, mac n cheese, steamed vegetables, tossed salad, rolls, baked goods with punch, coffee, hot tea and ice water. 

For more information, check FHS Weekly Update #36 at https://www.smore.com/x134s.