Band Concert goes out with a bang, or rather, a christmas song

Riley Wilson, Content Editor

All the seats in the auditorium fill up, leaving the stragglers standing off to the sides as more people enter to watch the semi-annual band concert. Instruments of every kind take up the stage as the performers get ready to begin. The band concert took place Thursday and Friday, Dec. 12 and 13. The groups performing consisted of all of the high school bands on Thursday and the Fenton Community Orchestra and Jazz Band on Friday.

“The best thing about performing is being able to see how the outcome of all our practices turned out to be,” member of the Community Orchestra Karmyn Long said. “There’s always a sense of relief in knowing that we worked hard to get such awesome results.”

Long joined the community orchestra in September of 2014, when one of her friends told her what a great experience the orchestra was.

“My favorite thing about being on the orchestra is being able to meet knew people while I am doing something I am good at and love to do,” Long said. “I also enjoy being able to talk and interact with people who have the same interests as me.”

Along with the groups performing on Friday was the high school Jazz Band. Despite Jazz having been a music genre for over a hundred years, still entertains many.

“I have been on the Jazz Band for three years now,” junior Nick Mansour said. “I like it because it gives me something to do and allows me to express myself.”

Research proves that music not only helps to erase pain, but is motivating and can help with a person’s health. Musically inclined or not, the bands would welcome more people to their family.

“Do not be scared to join the band or to do something that you love,” Mansour said. “We’re very inviting.”

Long also has some advice for people who want to join the community orchestra.

“I would give people the advice to always find something to improve in,” Long said. “There is no such thing as too much practice.”

While the bands have elevated the holiday season with holiday songs, they play more than just that. All bands will have a spring concert sometime in May.