The student news site of Fenton High School

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Halloween decorating on a budget

PHOTO Monroe Chapman

As the leaves start to change and the air turns crisp, Halloween approaches quickly on the calendars. Soon porches everywhere will be covered in fake spider webs and carved pumpkins. 

As stated on USA Today, “Consumers are expected to spend a record $12.2 billion for Halloween candy, costumes and decorations, according to the National Retail Federation’s annual survey conducted by Prosper Insights & Analytics.” 

To cut down the cost, here’s a guide to finding Halloween decorations, without breaking the bank. 

An obvious choice for cheap and affordable Halloween decor is The Dollar Tree. The Dollar Tree is great for indoor items like fake cobwebs, small wall decorations and even party supplies. The majority of the store in Fenton is covered with everything for Halloween and even a few items for Thanksgiving. A downside of shopping at The Dollar Tree is that their stock is never the same each year. One specific item most likely won’t be seen in stores again. 

To browse more from the local The Dollar Tree visit here. 

Another place that has risen in popularity for low priced Halloween decorations is Five Below. Like The Dollar Tree, their stock is also constantly changing. Although their prices range from $1 to $5, there are bound to be options that will fit perfectly in the house without breaking the bank. Their online website covers everything in stock. 

An often-visited, budget-friendly option for Halloween decoration shopping is Goodwill. People are always donating old decorations year around, so the search for affordable decorations isn’t just limited to fall. Second-hand decorations are also both environmentally friendly and budget friendly. Like The Dollar Tree, once an item is sold, it’s not returning for the following year. 

For the more crafty people, DIY Halloween projects are a great alternative for buying decorations brand new or second-hand. There are several different YouTube videos demonstrating how to DIY decorations of varying difficulties. DIYing decorations gives more creative freedom to make something that would match perfectly with an individual’s “Spooky Season” aesthetic. 

Whether it’s an elaborate haunted house, or a carved pumpkin sitting on the porch, decorating for Halloween can be an expensive endevor, but with affordable stores and prices, Halloween can be fun for everyone.