The student news site of Fenton High School

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Tips for seniors to stay motivated

Towards the end of the year, seniors start to feel what’s called “senioritis,” a feeling of lack of motivation towards doing schoolwork. To stay motivated during this time, here’s a few tips. 

With the amount of work seniors get every day, it can be difficult to stay on top of assignments and projects. To stay motivated, keeping a record of all the work assigned every day can be very beneficial. Throughout the work, it is also important to plan out a designated downtime, where burnt out seniors can take a small break in between assignments. 

“I am a victim to senioritis,” senior Alexandra Higgins said. “To try and stay motivated, I focus on homework and school related things only during school. I try to keep my schoolwork separated from relaxing at home.”                                                                                

After the work is done, setting personal and academic goals is also an important way to pass the time. Whether it’s just scheduling a time to relax, or hang out with friends, both things can be helpful in keeping motivation up. 

Counting down to the end of the year is another way seniors can stay motivated. To see how much time seniors have left can be a motivation to get up in the morning, or a motivator to finish missing assignments to boost GPA up, especially considering most colleges use a final transcript to confirm admission. 

After spring break, the final days of school for the Class of 2024 will move extremely fast, so staying on top of work and making academic and personal goals can ease stress.