The student news site of Fenton High School

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Opinion: Prom is better at the banquet hall

PHOTO Photo submitted by Tisha Andrews

In past years, the Fenton High junior and senior prom has been held on the Detroit Princess Riverboat. However, this year the dance was held at Petruzzello’s Banquet and Conference Center in Troy. Many students were upset when they heard prom would not be on the boat this year but after the matter, many said they preferred it at the banquet hall. 

More space to roam and spread out 

Outside of the main area where dinner was served and dancing was going on, there was a lobby area where people hung out. There were couches and games so people could take breaks from dancing. Petruzzello’s even had an outdoor balcony that overlooked the city. 

Everyone on the same dance floor

On the Detroit Princess, there are three flores for dancing, meaning that everyone is mostly spread out. A pro for prom being at the banquet hall is that there is only one floor of dancing so everyone is together. This is a special night for seniors especially, so dancing as a class one last time is very important. 

Cornhole and other activities

For those who needed a break from dancing, other activities were also an option at Petruzzello’s. Students were able to play cornhole and card games on the second level of the hall. 

Better food options

Petruzzello’s had many dinner options which satisfied many different dietary needs. With food options such as salads, pasta, chicken, bread, beef and much more, students could find plenty to eat for dinner regardless of possible allergies or dietary restrictions. After dinner was served, students could go to the dessert table which had lavish treats and even had a chocolate fountain. Throughout the night, students could also walk up to the bar and order drinks such as water, shirley temples, or soda. 

Whether prom is held at a banquet hall or the boat, FHS students will continue to make unforgettable memories at prom.