How to ask someone to Sadies

Bree Soule, Online Editor

The annual Sadies Hawkins dance is approaching and so is the big question students at Fenton High are preparing to ask their potential date. Sadies is known to be girls’ choice, so girls are taking the lead and asking guys out in a creative way. Below are five ways to ask that special someone to the Sadies dance.

1: Ask with a poster.

The most common way to ask someone to Sadies is with a posterboard. Most people come up with a fun saying that relates to them, their date, or the way they decorated the poster. One example of this is using the names of candy to replace words in a sentence. You glue the candy onto the poster where the word you are replacing should be. The poster is meant to be a special, fun way to ask someone.

2: Decorate their locker

Taping strips of paper on someone’s locker asking them to Sadies is another great way to ask someone to the dance. So they know who’s asking, make sure to include pictures of you with the person or include your name. Adding balloons or ribbons to the locker are ways to spice it up. Sticky notes could also be used to write fun things on the locker.

3: Baked goods

Another way to ask someone to Sadies is by buying or baking them their favorite treat and spelling out “Sadies?” on it with icing. Theming the baked goods will make it more special. If the person you’re asking plays a sport, the theme can be that sport. Or if they’re musically gifted, add music notes or an instrument they play. No matter the theme, baked goods are a delicious way to ask someone to Sadies.

4: Sidewalk Chalk

Sidewalk chalk is an easy alternative to asking someone to Sadies. You can decorate their driveway with a fun pattern and ask them to Sadies by writing it. However, this is not recommended on a rainy day or if rain is in the forecast, as the chalk would wash away. 

5: Writing on a Ball

If you’re planning to ask an athlete or someone who loves sports, you can ask them in a sporty way. If they play baseball, buy a baseball and write on it asking them to Sadies. You can do this with other sports including soccer,football, tennis, and more. This idea isn’t just limited to sports however, you can do this idea with other hobbies your potential date is into.