The student news site of Fenton High School

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

New tardy policy

PHOTO Molly Dixon

Fenton High has introduced a new tardy policy this year that differs from past policies. These guidelines take a more disciplinary approach: this entails detentions, loss of privileges and suspensions as a result of multiple tardies. 

According to the information, students are allowed 10 absences per semester.  If you are to exceed 10 absences in one semester, you are required to submit an appeal to attempt to regain the credit that has been lost. 

When a student is more than five minutes late to a class, it counts towards their unexcused absences. Tardies that do not exceed five minutes will no longer count toward your absences, they will now result in disciplinary punishments. 

One to three tardies will result in a call home. Four tardies will lead to a referral sent to a home/school coordinator. Five to six tardies will result in a lunch detention as well as SRT travel restrictions. Seven to eight tardies will result in an after-school detention. Nine to 10 tardies will result in the loss of privilege to after school activities such as sports, games, clubs, dances, etc. Ten to 11 tardies will lead to an in-school suspension and 11-12 tardies will lead to an out-of-school suspension. 

For more information regarding this new policy, visit the “Grades and Attendance” section of the FHS website.