The student news site of Fenton High School

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Self improvement books to kick off the new year

PHOTO Jensen O’Brien

With the start of the new year, many are looking to start their new year’s resolution and turn a new leaf. These are five self-improvement books that can help with a broad range of different struggles.

1. Dealing with This Thing Called Life: The Self-Help Book for ALL Ages

This book written by Chris Sumlin is supposed to be a book for young adults who want advice for overcoming obstacles and improving themselves. It includes 12 stories from Sumlin’s life. Each story contains a lesson for the audience to learn from and to apply to their own life.

1. How to Win Friends and Influence People

Written by Dale Carnegie, it gives advice on how to make friends and how to be a leader. If you have difficulty making friends or taking charge there are plenty of tips and tricks in here that you will find useful. 

1. How to Stop Worrying and Start Living

Also written by Dale Carnegie, “How to Stop Worrying and Start Living,” gives advice about how to reduce unnecessary stress in your life and how to start living life to the fullest. It talks about avoiding stress at work, how to stop the feeling of fatigue, and how to add an hour to your day.

1. Quiet

A book by Susan Cain that shows the value in being an introvert and how it is not as bad as people make it out to be. This book gives information on what it’s like to be an introvert and how to work and be the best version of yourself. It also gives examples of people that are introverts that have achieved great things and shows readers that they can do the same even if they aren’t outgoing.

1. The Power of Now

Written by Eckhart Tolle, this book tells readers how to be present and how to be one with yourself. The audience learns how to be mindful and how to be more relaxed. If you can reflect on your behavior and focus on the present, Tolle tells the readers that this is when the readers will be at peace.

All five of these books, though slightly different from each other, teach different life lessons that can help anyone that wants a new mindset in 2024. Whether you want to be in the now, make new friends, or live life to the fullest, one of these books can help you start anew this year.