Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Closer Look: Getting to know junior Ren Primeau

PHOTO Ren Primeau

Students are shoulder to shoulder each day in the hallways, but how much do they really know about the people walking next to them? This series will feature the students of FHS along with their talents, hobbies and passions. “A Closer Look” is meant to showcase what makes the students of FHS who they are.

For Rennifer Mòrag Primeau, photography and the arts have been a large part of her life— this story will talk about her comprehensive outlook on life and varying perspectives within art forms. 

“I’m very big into photography and just the arts in general,” Primeau said. “My father was a photographer for the InPrint back in 1997-2000.” 

As a passion project, Primeau saw a cover photo that her father, Wash Primeau, made during this time, and decided to recreate that photo without editing.

“He had a lot of cover photos, so I found one I really liked,” Primeau explained. “It looked like a phantom and it was done on an old film camera. So I thought I would try my best to recreate that with modern day technology, excluding editing software, because I don’t know, it felt like cheating to me.”

Although photography is a main hobby for Primeau, she also enjoys spending her time with film in International Baccalaureate Film.

“I’ve filmed homecoming every year. I tried to do prom last year, but no one got back to me in time so I couldn’t do it,” Primeau said. “I feel like a lot more people should just pick up a camera and play around even if they don’t get good at it.” 

When asked what her favorite subject to photograph was, Primeau responded with something out-of-the-box. 

“My favorite subject might just be piles of garbage just because there’s so much feeling, and just so much life in what we leave behind. I feel like I see things in a different way through photography and the arts,” Primeau answered. “It’s nice to be able to see the world through a different lens, even if it’s a literal lens.”

Primeau’s intuitive perspective on life through photography and film is one that can only be described as captivating.