Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Tips for class scheduling

PHOTO Monroe Chapman

As scheduling for the 2024-25 school year is approaching, students are scrambling to chose classes and meet deadlines. Instead of stressing out, here’s a few tips to an easy scheduling process, and deadlines. 

When it comes to scheduling for any grade, make sure to check in with the school counselors to determine what credits are needed for the following year. Not having enough credits will severely affect a student’s graduation time. This can also be found in the 2024-25 Curriculum Guide. 

Another way to make scheduling easier is to do research on the existing classes offered. An official curriculum guide can be found here.

At Fenton Highschool, there are several classes offered that require an application or audition beforehand. These span from arts and entertainment to International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement classes. A full list and linked application can be found here, or in Weekly Update #26. All applications are due Feb. 15th. 

Like any kind of scheduling process, there’s a learning curve. Underclassmen usually have the most trouble with scheduling for classes, and with less knowledge, they often end up with classes that they don’t like or want. One solution to help students understand scheduling is to talk with upperclassmen about their experiences with certain classes and teachers

Students will be completing their official course requests during their Social Studies classes with the school counselors. Freshman will be inputting course requests on Feb. 27, sophomores on Feb. 29 and juniors Mar. 1. 

Make sure to stay updated with the weekly updates for deadlines and more information regarding scheduling.