Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Closer Look: getting to know freshman Thomas Levi

Students are shoulder to shoulder each day in the hallways, but how much do they really know about the people walking next to them? This series will feature the students of FHS along with their talents, hobbies and passions. “A Closer Look” is meant to showcase what makes the students of FHS who they are.

Fenton High is full of incredible people who could one day go on to do incredible things. One of those people is freshman Thomas Levi who likes to play in the marching band and spend time with his friends. Levi also thinks it’s cool to see a sports game from a whole new perspective and participate in it at the same time, thanks to his experiences with the marching band. 

“The fact that it’s like you get to do and see a different perspective of, like, football games,” Levi said, “and instead of just watching it, you’re actually on the field at halftime instead of just sitting in the stands.”. 

Levi also said his favorite thing about marching band is that he plays an instrument and shows his music off in front of people, “I guess I would say I just enjoy the fact that I couldn’t play an instrument and watch a game simultaneously and it’s fun from their perspective.” 

Levi has not only been enjoying his time in high school music-wise but also in his classes, 

“I like my second hour with Mr. Santo. He makes it entertaining and it doesn’t feel like a boring class.” 

Levi said he enjoys everything about band and learning new music.

“You get to meet new people and get to learn new music,” Levi said.

He has also enjoyed playing the trumpet ever since he first started playing. 

“I play the trumpet. I have been playing for six years. It was before elementary school,” Levi said. “I’d watch the football games. My brother was in the marching band. I would just kinda sit there and look at the trumpets and then tell myself that’s what I want to do when I get into high school.”

Levi also says that he made it into the Jazz Band, 

“Actually I got into Jazz Band next year. It should be a little more of a challenge and a different type of music. My favorite type of music is probably either jazz or rock too.” 

While music may come easy to Levi and overall he enjoys school, he added that at times he struggles with his Spanish class, 

“Sometimes I struggle with Spanish mostly because I am not good at it and have to get it done because of my language requirement. I am also looking forward to taking video one in the future.” For more information on Levi and the Fenton Marching Tigers, check out their website: fentonbands.org.