Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A Closer Look: Getting to know senior Emma Minock

Students are shoulder to shoulder each day in the hallways, but how much do they really know about the people walking next to them? This series will feature the students of FHS along with their talents, hobbies and passions. “A Closer Look” is meant to showcase what makes the students of FHS who they are.

The Fenton High Ambassadors has been a lifelong dream, aspiration and achievement for senior Emma Minock. 

“I’ve always grown up watching their performances,” Minock stated. 

The Ambassadors had become a warm-hearted family tradition for Minock, “I was just always around the Ambassadors, like my mom was in it when she was little, so she would take me to the performances.”

She was also heavily inspired by the group from a very young age; her passion ignited within the halls of her elementary school, “They would come to the elementary schools and perform for us and I just saw them and I was like ‘wow, I want to do that.’”

Minock’s journey with the family the choir creates spans much longer than just her high school career, “I’ve been a part of the Ambassadors group for four years, and I went to the junior Ambassadors camp for six years when I was little.”

An entire decade of dedication from Minock has been fulfilling, “I love the family that’s created, and also getting to see the audience’s reactions to the music we’re creating.”

This experience has also proved to be a complex balance with typical responsibilities, “The most challenging aspect is probably just balancing it with all the schoolwork, it’s also a class, so I have to spend extra time on choreography and music.” 

The FHS Ambassadors will be performing their “Back by Popular Demand” show this Fri. and Sat., Feb. 23-24 in the Ruby Zima Auditorium at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $5 in advance when purchased directly from an Ambassador and $8 when purchased at the door.

For additional information on the Ambassadors, follow their Instagram @fentonambassadors.