The student news site of Fenton High School

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

A guide to spring break travel

PHOTO Mason Sharp

While traveling, it is important to bring the essentials and to be prepared for anything. It is also important to be safe while traveling to ensure everyone has a fun and safe trip. Here are some must-haves and tips to have a great spring break getaway.

Typically on spring break, most people travel to places with warmer climates. If that is the case make sure to pack multiple swimsuits, as well as enough outfits for the trip. Always bring one or two nice outfits too for fancy restaurants or pictures. 

Also, bring something to do in case of down time like a book or string to make bracelets. Before packing anything, make sure to make a list of everything so nothing gets forgotten.

It’s important to try and save space in your suitcase while traveling. Especially if while flying because there will be a weight limit for suitcases. To save space, use packing cubes. They are available on Amazon, Eagle Creek, Target and many other stores. Packing cubes help organize suitcases so it saves space and makes it easier to find things inside a suitcase.

While traveling, it’s also wise to check the weight of your luggage. An easy way to do this is with a luggage scale. They are sold on Amazon, Walmart and Ebay to name a few stores.

Sometimes it is hard to decide between flying and driving while going on spring break. Here are some pros and cons of each option to maybe help with the decision process.

Some pros to flying are arriving to your destination faster, interesting views from a window seat, and there is an ambiance to flying that some people enjoy while traveling. 

A few cons to flying is it is much more expensive than driving, there are more limitations for packing, there is less room to sprawl out (especially while sitting in the middle seat), and flying might be an issue for people that dislike heights or turbulence.

Some pros to driving are; it’s typically less expensive than flying, there is nice scenery while taking a scenic route, and it’s easier to bring more belongings.

The cons to driving to get to a destination is it takes much longer to get there and some people get nauseous or get car sickness.

The most important thing to remember on spring break is to be safe. Here are a few safety tips to ensure a safe trip.

Always bring a first aid kit while traveling. First aid kits can be purchased or made at home. Also, use the buddy system while traveling when going anywhere. 

Make sure to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated, especially if the weather is hot. Another thing to keep in mind while traveling to somewhere warm is to use UV protection. Use things like sunscreen, sunglasses, hats and aloe vera to fend off the effects of the sun. 

Even though it may be hard, make sure to get plenty of rest each night as well. It’s important to sleep for at least eight hours every night to have the energy to continue having fun each day.

Traveling is fun but also can be stressful. That’s why it’s so important to plan ahead of time. Before leaving for spring break this year make sure to organize the trip and plan ahead of time. Also make sure to stay safe and have a fun time!