Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Fenton InPrint Online

Polls
Sorry, there are no polls available at the moment.

Best Fall Movies and Shows

PHOTO Jensen O’Brien

There has been a sudden crisp in the air and the leaves have changed from green to varying shades of red, orange and even yellow. Autumn has begun and here is a list of must-watch shows and movies to watch this season.

1 – Gilmore Girls

“Gilmore Girls” follows the story of a mother-daughter duo (Lauren Graham and Alexis Beldel) and their journey through life together. The show is notorious for having a cozy fall aesthetic, as several of the episodes are based in the autumn. Such episodes include season one, episode seven— “Kiss and Tell,” season three, episode 10— “A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving” and season five, episode seven— “You Jump, I Jump, Jack.” All of these episodes, and many more, are perfect to watch on any chilly fall day.

2 – Hocus Pocus

“Hocus Pocus” is a very iconic movie about the new kid in town (Omri Katz) and his little sister (Thora Birch) and their experience in the haunting town of Salem, Mass. Katz is a skeptic of the local legend, the Sanderson sisters (Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker). The Sanderson sisters are witches who were killed but can be brought back to life if a magic candle is lit in their home. Katz, Birch and a new friend from school (Vinessa Shaw) venture into the Sanderson sister’s home on Halloween night and light the candle. The group of three now has to stop the witches from any mischief or wicked magic before dawn. The movie overall has a spooky but enchanting ambiance and is fun to watch.

3 – Dead Poets Society

“Dead Poets Society” is a heartfelt and emotional story of a teacher (Robin Williams) and the impact he has on his students (Robert Sean Leonard, Ethan Hawke, Josh Charles, Gale Hansen, Dylan Kussman, Allelon Ruggiero and James Waterston). Williams teaches the boys valuable life lessons and how to “seize the day.” The group of boys and Williams grow very close even though administration doesn’t like Williams and fires him. The boys continue to learn from him as well as from each other. Some of the boys begin to branch out, especially one boy in particular (Ethan Hawke) who follows his aspirations of being in a play. He is a natural actor and Williams even comes to watch him perform. Although the audience watching the movie is happy for Hawke and think they are left with a jolly ending, this is not the case. This movie, though gut-wrenching, has a wonderful message and is told very well. 

4 – Stranger Things seasons one and two

The first two seasons of “Stranger Things” take place in Hawkins, Ind. during the early 1980s in autumn. It follows a group of young boys (Finn Wolfhard, Caleb McLaughlin and Gaten Matarazzo) and how they are trying to save their friend (Noah Schnapp) from the upside down, a chilling and eerie alternate universe, as well as the terrifying beast they call the demogorgon. The second season specifically has a very spooky feel as they show the boys in their “Ghostbusters” group costume and go trick-or-treating on Halloween night.

5 – It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown

“It’s a Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” has been a fan-favorite for decades. It’s a great film for all ages and anyone trying to get into the fall mood. It’s about a group of kids (Peter Robins, Christopher Shea, Sally Dryer, Cathay Steinberg, Ann Altieri, Lisa DeFaria, Glenn Menddelson and Gabrielle DeFaria Ritter) that go trick-or-treating on Halloween night and a party they have after. It’s a cute and short movie that is hard to dislike.